This Combo includes both the Introduction to BBQ and the Foundations of Fire classes. $275 when purchasing together, regular $290 separately!
April 25 (Saturday) and April 26 (Sunday), 2020
10:00am to 3:00pm and 1:00pm to 4:00pm
Class Location: Tool Shed Brewing - 801 30 St NE, Calgary Click here for a link to Google Maps.
Join us for a half day of instruction and some awesome food. This class is targeted at the beginner through intermediate BBQ'er, and we will learn all about true, low 'n slow, Southern-style Barbecue.
We will be cooking throughout the class and we will have our award winning food for you to try, a detailed handout for you to take home. Class is held indoors, with several topics covered outside - so please dress accordingly. We will cover:
- Preparation of 4 meats - Brisket, pulled pork, ribs, and chicken. We will teach you how to select, trim, season, and cook these meats.
- BBQ rubs, mops, sauces, glazes, etc.
- Cooking fuel (charcoal, pellets, etc) and wood selection - seasoning with smoke
- "Low 'n Slow" in theory
- Equipment - all types smokers and grills for cooking real BBQ, most are present in class.
- Basics of Competition - requirements, entry guidelines, judging, etc.
- Lots of stories from the BBQ trail
There ain't no party, like a sausage party! We're going to cover sausage grinding, stuffing, and cooking from a variety of perspectives. We'll discuss the curing, fresh sausage, smoking and how to be safe. We'll also cover the difference between natural casings and artificial casings. This is a great class for anybody interested in making their own sausage, or looking for ways to use up their BBQ trim!