May 27, 2018 (Sunday)
Tentative time: 9:0o to 3:00
Class will be held at FalconRidge Community Hall at:
95 Falshire Drive NE Calgary, AB
- Kris will walk you through a full day session that covers the essentials of Competition BBQ. This class is suited towards those folks looking to join the world of Competition BBQ, or those already in looking to improve their cooks and scores. This is an investment that will help you improve your cooks and in turn, your scores.The class will be interactive with specific walkthroughs for each competition meat, with indoor and outdoor components that will give you an up close and personal look at Kris’ award-winning techniques and strategies.
- We’ll cover the following items:
- Selecting, trimming, prepping and cooking all four Competition meats: chicken, pork ribs, pork butt, & beef brisket. We will only be focusing on competition trims and techniques designed to win.
- See, taste, & experience Kris’ award-winning BBQ. You’ll have the unique opportunity to taste what has won awards at competitions across North America, including the 2017 Jack Daniels World Championship Invitational BBQ.- Presentation and Turn-In box prep. We’ll cover specifics on how to present your meat in a way that pleases the eye and gets you those important Appearance scores.- Face-to-face with a judge. You’ll have an opportunity to learn first-hand from a trained and experienced judge on what goes on after you turn your meat in. Scoring basics, presentation do’s & don’ts, and how to avoid leaving points on the table.
-Kris will cover strategies and tips that will help you walk at the awards ceremony.
-Don’t forget about the Ancillary Categories! Kris has been a Calendar Boy on the basis of his award winning side entries. Learn some tricks and tips on how to approach these entries.
- --> At the end of the day, Kris won’t give you recipes to follow, but clearly defined strategies and techniques for you to incorporate into your cook program as you see fit. Our goal is to help you be rewarded for your investment.Spouses (only) are welcome to attend for an additional $100.Lite breakfast and snacks will be provided.