Competition Secrets Class
April 2 & 3 Okotoks, AB (Lynnwood Ranch)
(about 18 km South of Calgary)
. This is a 1-time opportunity to learn from the top competition BBQ team in the country. We offered a similar class in 2012 - which offered our award-winning recipes but not the exact current recipes we were using at the time. This time we're laying it ALL on the table.
This isn't just any BBQ guy talking about 'Que - Rob is an experienced instructor and has mentored many cooks. His BBQ & grilling classes have been attended by over 1200 students so far!
Learn exactly what we do – full cook program, meat selection, prepping, and recipes. Our program has resulted in:
- 9 Grand Championships since 2013, 17 GC’s since 2009, and regular calls at both the Jack and Royal. Considering we only cook 3-4 contests a year, that’s not bad! See our full results here.
- 5 invitations to the American Royal
- 5 invitations to the Jack Daniels Invitational
- 3 invitations to the World Food Championships
- 2015 Canadian Team of the Year (CBBQS)
- 2014 Canadian Team of the Year (CBBQS) runner up
- Geography-neutral recipes: our 3 Grand Championships in 2015 were in 3 different provinces, and recipes / techniques have done well at the Jack and Royal.
- Cost - $450 - no more than you spend on an average cookoff. This is an investment to make sure you're winning that money back!
- 2-day class, covering a full competition cook timeline. Class starts at 2 PM on Saturday, concludes at 3 PM on Sunday - or whenever every question has been answered. Saturday supper and Sunday breakfast will be provided.
- We will utilize 60-minute turn in intervals, to make sure we can cover each of the 4 meats adequately, and to give you time to ask questions, taste each of the meats, and make notes.
- Includes all prep of 4 meats, using actual techniques we use in competition – our exact 2014 & 2015 program.
- Disclosure of all ingredients used – rubs, injections, sauces, enhancements, etc.
- Presentation ideas for blind boxes
- Strategies for different judging scenarios, flavour profiles, etc.
- —> Most importantly, we don’t just demonstrate and give you ingredients. We discuss every thought, every strategy, and let you know WHY we do what we do. We let you know what we've changed and why.
- Students in our 2012 class have since taken other competition classes from some of the biggest names in BBQ – they tell us that our class was preferred because of this detailed approach to explaining our thought process in full detail.
- We will cook on Yoder and Cookshack pellet grills, with specific notes about what we do differently when cooking on charcoal pits. We have extensive experience cooking on stick burners in competition also, so we can answer questions about that process as well.
- We don’t expect experienced students to duplicate our process exactly, we educate them enough so that they can decide which nuggets they can use in their repertoire. If you want to duplicate the whole program, feel free!
- Spouses may attend for $200, and we mean spouses only. There may not be enough competition meat for spouses to taste, depending on number of total registrants.
- Group rate hotel options to be determined.
- Class registration is refundable 30 days prior to class date only.
- Payment can be made via Interac E-Transfer (preferred!), by mailed cheque, or by Paypal on this site.
Start getting those big calls! Start racking up your own GC's!