This Combo includes both the Introduction to BBQ and the Foundations of Fire classes. $275 when purchasing together, regular $290 separately!
March 14 (Saturday) and March 15 (Sunday), 2020
10:00am to 3:00pm and 1:00pm to 4:00pm
Class Location: Tool Shed Brewing - 801 30 St NE, Calgary Click here for a link to Google Maps.
Join us for a half day of instruction and some awesome food. This class is targeted at the beginner through intermediate BBQ'er, and we will learn all about true, low 'n slow, Southern-style Barbecue.
We will be cooking throughout the class and we will have our award winning food for you to try, a detailed handout for you to take home. Class is held indoors, with several topics covered outside - so please dress accordingly. We will cover:
- Preparation of 4 meats - Brisket, pulled pork, ribs, and chicken. We will teach you how to select, trim, season, and cook these meats.
- BBQ rubs, mops, sauces, glazes, etc.
- Cooking fuel (charcoal, pellets, etc) and wood selection - seasoning with smoke
- "Low 'n Slow" in theory
- Equipment - all types smokers and grills for cooking real BBQ, most are present in class.
- Basics of Competition - requirements, entry guidelines, judging, etc.
- Lots of stories from the BBQ trail
We're going to be cooking with live-fire, just like our ancestors did, and we're going to have a fantastic time doing it! We're going to break down the barriers and myths around charcoal cooking with an in-depth Q&A Session, where we'll be any questions you might have. This class will be hands-on, learning how to light your fire, control your fire, and setting up your grill.
You'll leave with a great balance of information, techniques and recipes and we make sure we fill you belly, as well as your brains.