July 23rd, 2022 (Saturday)
10:00am to 3:00pm
Class Location: Rig Hand Distillery - 2104 8 St Bay B, Nisku, AB T9E 7Y9 Click here for a link to Google Maps.
Join us for a half day of instruction and some AWESOME food! This class is targeted at the beginner through intermediate BBQ’er, and we will learn all about true, low ‘n slow, Southern-style Barbecue, along with a light dusting of Hot & Fast 21st Century BBQ!
We will be cooking throughout the class and we will have our award winning food for you to try, a detailed handout for you to take home. Class is held indoors, with several topics covered outside – so please dress accordingly. We will cover:
- Preparation of 4 meats – Brisket, pulled pork, ribs, and chicken. We will teach you how to select, trim, season, and cook these meats.
- BBQ rubs, mops, sauces, glazes, etc.
- BBQ Tools, what you need to simplify your cook while looking like a BBQ Hero!
- Cooking fuel (charcoal, pellets, etc) and wood selection – seasoning with smoke
- “Low ‘n Slow” and "Hot 'n Fast" in theory and practice
- Equipment – all types smokers and grills for cooking real BBQ, most are present in class.
- Basics of Competition – requirements, entry guidelines, judging, etc.
- Lots of stories from the BBQ trail