Steak Master Class
Date: March 23rd, 2021 Tuesday
Tentative time 6:00-8:30 PM
Location: 1265 Osler St. Link to Google Maps here.
Beef - it's What's for Dinner! Bring your appetites!
We will cover all aspects of steak, from start to finish. No question will go unanswered. Topics will include:
- Cuts: low demand vs high demand cuts, flavour vs tenderness, etc.
- Techniques: We'll cover a few of them in class and discuss other options for cooking
- Aging: Wet aging vs dry aging vs fresh
- Selection, grading, etc.
Steaks to be cooked and served in class:
1) Redneck Sous-Vide You won't believe how easy this technique is... One of our favourite ways to grill steak, and virtually guaranteed to finish at the perfect temperature. We'll be grilling these steaks directly over natural lump charcoal.
2) Tri-tip We think this cut has more natural beef flavour than any other... It's popular in California, and we'll show you why it should be popular in your home. This cut will be cooked on a Gateway Drum Smoker We'll serve it with freshly grilled garlic toast and homemade salsa fresca.
3) World Championship steak This is the same recipe and technique that won Prairie Smoke & Spice the World Champion title*, 2 years in a row, at the Jack Daniels World Championship Invitational Barbecue in Lynchburg, Tennessee. We won the same 1st place award in 2018! We'll tell you all the details in class, not here 🙂 This steak will be cooked over charcoal.
Class will be limited to 20 people.
*Chef's Choice category