**Get this class and tomorrow's Foundations of Fire class together to save $15 on the total! Add both classes to the cart and use the Promo Code "Second" to receive the discount.**
May 2, 2020 (Saturday)
Class Location and time to be determined.
Join us for a half day of instruction and some awesome food. This class is targeted at the beginner through intermediate BBQ'er, and we will learn all about true, low 'n slow, Southern-style Barbecue.
We will be cooking throughout the class and we will have our award winning food for you to try, a detailed handout for you to take home. Class is held indoors, with several topics covered outside - so please dress accordingly. We will cover:
- Preparation of 4 meats - Brisket, pulled pork, ribs, and chicken. We will teach you how to select, trim, season, and cook these meats.
- BBQ rubs, mops, sauces, glazes, etc.
- Cooking fuel (charcoal, pellets, etc) and wood selection - seasoning with smoke
- "Low 'n Slow" in theory
- Equipment - all types smokers and grills for cooking real BBQ, most are present in class.
- Basics of Competition - requirements, entry guidelines, judging, etc.
- Lots of stories from the BBQ trail