Pitmaster, Owner – Prairie Smoke & Spice BBQ
- 20-year history of being an influencer in the world of Canadian BBQ – through forums, websites, social media, television, and print
- Finalist in 2020’s “Firemasters“, on Food Network Canada
- Founder of Canada’s BBQ School, with 3 of Canada’s best BBQ’ers on board, teaching over 750 students per year across the country
- 3-time Canadian National BBQ Champion, 2-time World Champion (Chef’s Choice), 23-time Grand Champion, 18-time World Championship Invitee. Rob has won awards in BBQ all over the world – including Kansas City, Lynchburg TN, Las Vegas, England, and Australia.
- Co-founder and Treasurer, Canadian BBQ Society
- Operates Prairie Smoke & Spice, with the largest fleet of mobile commercial smokers in Canada – serving up to 5000 people per day at some of the largest public events in the country.
- Canada’s representative BBQ Chef – Memphis in May World Championship BBQ Cooking Contest
- Experienced brand representative with such companies as Yoder Smokers, Gateway Drum Smokers, Chicken Farmers of Canada, Drumbo Smokers, Memphis Grills, and Fireboard
Pitmaster, Rocky Mountain Smokers
Kris Valckx is the head cook & pitmaster of the Calgary-based BBQ team, Rocky Mountain Smokers. Kris has been competing competitively for the last 5 years winning awards and accolades everywhere he competes! He is one of the most successful and well-respected BBQ cooks in Canada. He is the 2016 KCBS International Team of the Year for Pork and has competed in every province from BC to Quebec.
Kris is also the Secretary for the Canadian BBQ Society, and a member of the BBQ on the Bow Society, actively promoting BBQ in Calgary and the nation!
Kris brings experience and knowledge to class, following a similar class structure but with his own unique twist on all things BBQ. This will be a great opportunity to learn from one of the best, and remember…
“If you’re not having fun, you’re doing it wrong!”